Sunday, January 25, 2009

WE BLEW THE MINDS OF THOSE THAT WAS DOIN' LINES, AND YOU KNOW THAT!

Here's the Wikipedia entry you get when you type in Flynamic Force:

Flynamic Force is the debut EP by hip hop duo, Sway & King Tech. The EP was released in 1988 for All City Records and went largely unnoticed.

Track listing:
"We Want To Rock You"
"The Awesome"
"Saying U Want More (Break It On Down)"
"A Word To The Wize "
"Beat Of The Drum (4 Minutes Of Death)"
"King Tech"


What more really needs to be said. Growing up I always thought they were from San Jose (after M.C. Twist, I wanted every local rapper I found out about to be from San Jose, I dunno why, probably 'cause San Jo was shockin' it!). As a kid I always said, "Flynamic Force is like the Bay Area's answer to Mantronix." I still think Sway used to ride the beat hecka smoove ala Crimemaster Tee. The song "King Tech" is still my favorite. "Let the champagne pop, let the bells ring jingle/it's a celebration on a 12" single.... King Tech, Tech, Tech, Tech.... we got somethin' new, we got somethin' new... and it's... haw, huh, haw, huh, hard as hell!" makes me wanna beer bong a bottle of White Star.

P.S. The hand-drawn cover is the beez-kneez, fuh'rilla, the precise depiction of King Tech's mullet makes it pristine, enjoy, this is a timeless gem.

Flynamic Force 12" EP

No comments: