Monday, September 20, 2010

OOH THE DEW DOO MAN

This promo came out in 1991 to launch Prince Paul's Rush Assciated Labels imprint, Dew Doo Man Records.  Definitely top-notch Paul admist the De La Is Dead era, and I think the "I've been expecting you" was re-used by KMD on Mr. Hood.  Or is it the other way around?  The Dew Doo Man logo is the classic smiling cartoon blob of shit with a cape on.  The MC (or MCs??) is Resident Alien, and I don't know too much about him/them, but apparently this isn't his/their only record.  Who could forget Mr. Boops? I love this beat.  Used to open our radio show, "The Monday Night Hype" on KSCU in Santa Clara circa 1992 with the instrumental every week.  Discogs got this for sale for like $34 or something.  It's a bueatiful 2 minutes and 10 seconds of dew doo.  I spun this at a cannabis club parking lot party where I got paid with a chemdog Medi-cone, and Brian Rich the rap-buyer from Streetlight Records in SJ, came up and checked the label and gave me the thumbs up.  Straight dap.

OOH THE DEW DOO MAN by Resident Alien

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow thank you so much.mega dope post.