Monday, September 15, 2008

FOUGHT THE COLD AND GENERATED THE WARMF!

Yo, Smooth Triumph up in the bitch, crawling out the depths of a poor ass summer with obscure vinyl nuglettes for the menthol kiddies. I found MC Price and DJ Double Trouble two years ago in the garage of this run down house in Palo Alto that my blackmarket half-ass carpenter friend was remodeling without a contractor's license. It had to get took along with some scratched up as fuck LeJuan Love 12"s. I've never heard of Standin Tuff Records and it wasn't listed in Eons' Freddy Fresh book, but he only has the first edition that doesn't really go past 1990, and this record came out in 1991. MC Price raps that he's from New York, and he's totally got that Rakim-esque flow. On "The Price is Right" he raps the word "earth" exactly how Rakim would, more than once. And on "Story of My Life" he says that school wasn't fun because he had to bring his gun in a sack. All really good shit. I love records like this, where you just can't help getting the feeling like this is the only one they ever made. If I'm wrong someone please correct me. What ever happened to MC Price and DJ Double Trouble?

MC Price & DJ Double Trouble - The Price is Right

MC Price & DJ Double Trouble - Story of My Life

4 comments:

siderealist said...

I missed the MC Price and DJ Double Trouble post, just learning of you dope blog. I would love to hear them, if in the rare event, you could re-up them. PEACE

Smooth Triumph said...

RARE EVENT COME TRUE:

http://rapidshare.com/files/257274877/01_The_Price_Is_Right.mp3.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/257276236/02_Story_of_my_Life.mp3.html

These can only be downloaded 10 times and the link is only good for 90 days.

When they run out, hit us again and we'll re-up it proper if anybody wants...

siderealist said...

Thank you very much!!!

drk said...

If you would like to sell this 12" for some really good money , get me on jclint at btopenworld dot com ! peace.