Sunday, September 16, 2007

DEATH CAMP: I JUST WANT Y'ALL TO GUARD YA GRILL AND KNUCKLE UP, KID


Who were Death Camp? I have no clue, but this KRS One producer banger is serious underside of a manhole cover in the middle of the projects type grimey. Only surfacing as a test pressing, this appears to be the final release for Bill Stephney's short lived Stepsun Music Entertainment label. The production is raw hip hop at it's most primitive with KRS dropping a 2 note bass line over a heavyweight kick/snare combo while Tombstone and crew break down their daily schedule which is the polar opposite of my sorry ass, working stiff lifestyle. At least I can live vicariously through this elusive piece of wax. My boy the Zodiak Iller (RIP) originally turned me onto this 12" and he used to end every episode of his weekly radio show with it. It was our anthem as we climbed out of the basement, zooted at 12pm on a weekday.

Death Camp "Sleep All Day" (Main Mix) Stepsun Music Entertainment, 1995

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dope and rare, thanks for putting this up Eons.